What is the purpose of Region 8?
- Establish a region address for continuous communication with OA as a whole.
- Promote unity among the OA groups, Intergroups, Language Service Boards and National.
- Service Boards in our region, and offer assistance to these groups as they form and function.
- Stimulate ideas about how, as a region, we can carry the message that there is a spiritual solution to compulsive eating as found in the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions.
- Maintain a web site with up-to-date information pertaining to Region 8 (www.oaregion8.org).
- Assist those who still suffer in finding local meetings within the region.
- Select nominees for World Service Region Trustees.
- Participate in World Service committees in order to represent the needs of our regional members.